Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Enemy Sits In Plain Sight

This is a post from the battlefield.

I am sitting, at this very moment, 2 feet away from the enemy. MIA plays quietly (well, as quietly as MIA can be- essentially it sounds like an alien is attacking a pickle-bottling factory and somebody left BET playing in the breakroom but it's broadcasting on the PA system as the alien is gleefully wreaking havoc- so actually, not very quietly at all) (wow, there were alot of acronyms in that last parenthetical) from my laptop. Only my fingers and the raindrops outside the window move. We've come to a stand off. After a number of engagements yesterday and a small skirmish this morning, we're both holding our ground.
















That's right. Those unassuming key-lime iced cupcakes are just sitting there, taunting me. I know I shouldn't eat them. They aren't that good. 'Key Lime' is actually good marketing for 'just like the green skittle flavor.' I don't even like the green skittles.


And yet.
















They sit there, staunchly, beckoning me to eat them. I know I don't need them. I'm not hungry. Just because there is food sitting there doesn't mean I have to put that food in my mouth. Especially sweet, unsatisfying food. That tastes like green skittles.





















I see you, cupcakes. And let me just say: you don't own me.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like that at this very moment...there are oreos calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHO MADE THESE DEVIL MAGIC CUPS?! Pizza owned me today at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD HAS TRIUMPHED! I ate a plum instead.

    ReplyDelete